Ladies and Gentlemen, there comes a time in a young blog’s life when, if they are lucky; very lucky indeed and a very kind soul of a very real MVP nominates you for a momentous and highly prestigious award, well, you get nominated. Without further ado, I’d like to give a very special and hearty thank you to the one who nominated me for this award, Charlie and the Cerebration Factory, the one and only, magicquill17. Please show her some love as she has one of the most brilliant minds I have encountered on the platform and her stories are simply out of this world… Literally. Reading her posts is reminiscent of watching a great 3D Movie- it’s immersive, it packs just the right emotional punches, it gets you to care about the characters and to think deeper about the subject matters. Most importantly, it makes you dream/fantasize and that, my friends, is the very hallmark of a great story or wouldn’t you agree? Head on down there and tell her that I sent ya!
Questions that were picked for me…
- Why is your blog named what it is named? My blog is a mash up of the name most people refer to me as ‘Elena’ and ‘Universe’ relating to the varying timelines that take place within the stories- a multiverse, if you will, hence the name ‘elenaverse’.
- What’d your blog be named if it wasn’t named what it is named right now?
Hmm… I’m pretty happy with how the name of the blog came out but if I had to choose another name, it’d probably have to be elena’sfantasticstoryblog.
- Rank the following in order of your preference- books, tv shows, movies.
Books, TV Shows, Movies.
- Name something that you’re interested in but other people find you being interested in it weird. I love listening to Japanese rock mostly due to my love of anime (which is also considered weird by some people) but they look at me in wonder when I start awkwardly and rather inaccurately singing along to the tunes… I just can’t help singing along to the infectious anime theme songs even though I have no clue what I’m even singing about. Forgive me, Japanese people. I love you and your lovely culture and excellent anime!
- Which language do you think/talk to yourself in? Mostly, I talk to myself in English but sometimes I also think/talk to myself in an informal (and local) mixture of English and the Kiswahili language called ‘Sheng’.
- What would you do if you found out that all the fictional universes you’re a fan of are real but you’re just a normal human being? Ugh! It would kill me if there were real and I was just a plain old human! I’d probably turn into one of those cliched obsessed villains trying to turn myself magical and what not or the next best thing- marry one of the fictional magical characters (I am especially impartial to dryads and fairies but couldn’t say no to a warlock if he asked me nicely 😉
- Rank the following in order of your preference- Invisibility cloak, Elder wand, Resurrection stone. Resurrection Stone, Invisibility Cloak and Elder wand.
- Name one thing and one person you’d take along with you if you were trapped on a deserted island. If I could have one thing with me on a deserted island, I’d take a compass just so that I could explore the island safely; know the ins and the outs and create a map of the island without getting lost which I would most probably do if I didn’t have a compass and if I could choose one person I’d take with me, it’d have to be my boyfriend because why suffer alone? Kidding, kidding… I’d want my boyfriend with me so I wouldn’t get lonely and because he is the smartest person I know. With our mind power combined and with his amazing strength and resourcefulness, I’m sure we’d not only survive but live and thrive…
- If you could choose what you studied in school/college, what subjects would you choose? (They can be anything. Get creative- you don’t have to stick to the conventional subjects that are usually taught. Not unless you want to.) If I really could study anything I’d love to study about the different cultures of the world- how they were developed, influences they had and so on. I’d probably major in their particular mythology/religions. I believe that would give my stories so much more depth and would make my writing resonate more with different people all around the world.
- Name 5 things on social media that make you cringe.
My social media pet peeves are; ‘the Rich Kids of Instagram’ or anything related to that- just boastful posts from spoiled brats that like showing off how rich they are (we get it)! Fake news, Blackmail posts (like why tell me if I don’t share something my mom will die? Are you serious?), Trolls (don’t rain on anyone’s parade) and sexist/racist/homophobic or anything otherwise discriminatory (just live and let live people!)
- If you were kidnapped by the ISIS, and you could choose who rescued you, who would it be and why? (The person can be real or fictional. They don’t even have to be a person. Name anyone you want to.) Ugh! So many people I’d want to save me but if I had to pick one- I’d have to say Lelouch from the anime Code Geass. I pick him because he’d not only save me but he’d also find a way to permanently eradicate ISIS because they threatened someone he cared about. It’d also be so interesting chatting him up!
11 Amazing new blogs I nominate for the award:
- Floating Gold
- Life, Lemon and Tequila
- Poems in a coffer
- The Strange Her
- Agnus Walters
11 questions for my nominees:
- What thing/things keeps you going even when the blog’s not doing as well as you’d like?
- What other hobbies/talents do you engage in when not writing?
- Which fictional land/island would you want to visit and why?
- What is your favorite genre of stories?
- If you could pick being any type of fictional character and remain as that character for the rest of eternity, who’d you pick and why?
- What is your favorite book of all time?
- Which celebrity/role model would you want to discover your blog?
- Would you ever sign a deal with a production company to produce any of your published posts into a movie? If yes, who would you want to star in the movie?
- Would you ever consider blogging as a full-time career (if it isn’t already)? If not, what would it take for you to consider taking it up full time?
- What was your writing Eureka moment when you knew it was what you really wanted to do?
- How has your writing journey been so far?
The rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post and/or on your blog.